Nintendo discloses Fatal Frame bugs
Three problems you might encounter when taking pictures of ghosts.
The ghosts aren't all that's scary in Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen, the Wii entry in the series that's known in the English-speaking world as Fatal Frame. Following the game's release last Thursday, Nintendo went public today on the presence of a few bugs.
Specifically, the game suffers from three specific issues:
- The title will freeze in the third chpater when you get the "Ango no youna memo" (encoded memo) and attempt to open a door on the second floor of the hospital. To avoid this, Nintendo suggests gong to the hospital operations room on the first floor and inputing a three digit code into the interphone. You'll have to figure out the code yourself using the memo.
- Blank slots remain in ghost list
- While your ghost list has space for 233 pictures, you can only actually get 227. Slots 32, 101, 174, 176, 182, and 211 remain blank.
- Some items do not become unlocked
- Once you've cleared the game, there's an item that does not become unlocked in the "Extra" area.
Nintendo has not announced a replacement program for game discs, so players will want to make sure they proceed with a bit of caution, particularly regarding issue number 1.