Smash Bros. hits Virtual Console in January
Nintendo shares lineup for the new year.
Nintendo announced today its January lineup for the Virtual Console. Joining the Wii's retro download service in the first month of the new year will be ten titles, lead by the very original Smash Bros.
The January lineup kicks off on January 6 with three titles. From Arc System Works comes the Famicom game Detective Jinguji Saburo Keken na Futari (First and Second Half). Sega will deliver the Mega Drive game Wonder Boy III Monster Lair. Taito will deliver the PC Engine game Rastan Saga 2. These will be priced at, respectively, 500, 600, and 600 Wii Points.
The following titles have unspecified dates in January:
- Getsu Fuma Den (Konami, Famicom, 500 WiiPoints)
- Zoids Mokushiroku (Takara Tomy, Famicom, 500)
- Nintendo All Star! Dairantou Smash Bros. (Nintendo, N64, 1,200)
- Fantasy Zone II Opa Opa no Namida (Sega, Master System, 500)
- Kaze no Densetsu Xanadu 2 (Nihon Falcom, PC Engine, 600)
- Spriggan mark 2 (Naxat Soft, PC Engine, 800)
- Champion Wrestler (Taito, PC Engine, 600)
D4 Enterprise is still on track to deliver MSX's Relics at 800 WiiPoints, although a release date has yet to be finalized.