Nintendo unveils second round of DSiWare titles
Eight games arrive on Wednesday.
All went silent on DSiWare following the initial batch of titles released on Christmas Eve. But today, Nintendo at long last shared details on the next batch of games the download service.
Eight new games will join the DSiWare lineup on January 28. These will be priced between 200 and 500 DSiPoints.
As detailed by Nintendo today, the full lineup is as follows:
- Solitaire DSi (200DSiPoints)
- This version of the classic single-player card game includes Spider and Klondike variations. The game offers full stylus-based control along with handy features like a mid-game save option. Progress is also automatically saved when you reset or turn the system off. Nintendo is including stat tracking functionality too, letting players track their win count and how many hours they've played.
- Nintendo DSi Clock Photo Stand Type (200)
- This is the first in a series of Nintendo DSi Clock apps, which convert the system into a clock. In this installment, the top screen shows the clock readout, with the bottom screen letting you play around with settings. The clock can be switched between analogue and digital, with digital offering the option for 12 and 24 hour. An alarm function is included, allowing users to set three alarm times and even use the mic to record a special alarm sound. The alarm also includes snooze functionality and will sound if your DSi's lid is closed. Also included is a time lag setting, allowing you to make adjustments to the app's time without affecting the system's internal clock.
- Hobo Nichi Rosenzu (500)
- This is the train line mapping program that Nintendo previously announced for the service. It features JR, private and subway lines from Tokyo, Osaka, Kobe, Nagoya, Sapporo, Fukuoka and Kyoto. Using direct stylus input, users can search for station names and write memos, and also mark up notable lines for future reference. The app also allows users to paste in pictures, creating what Nintendo refers to as your very own map.
- Art Style PicoPict (500)
- This entry in the Art Style series, which saw two installments at the DSiWare service launch in December, has players move colored blocks around on the bottom screen to group like colors together as more blocks fall from above. As you clear out pieces in this fashion, you slowly build up a classic game character on the top screen. Stages are themed around retro software, with music arrangements by 8bit music unit YMCK. By playing well, you earn coins which can be used to unlock reverse stages and music tracks for a music player mode. The music mode includes shuffle playback and can be set to continue playing even when the DSi cover is closed.
- Art Style Somnium (500)
- This puzzle game presents you with a two layer field, consisting of colored panels in the bottom layer and colored balls in the top layer. Your job is to slide the panels around in order to make the ball and panel colors match up. Although there are no time limits, the game includes a variety of gimmicks to make this tough. Levels are themed in natural settings like sky river, and forest.
- Chotto Panel de Pon (500)
- This is the latest version of Nintendo's Panel de Pon, a puzzle game that has been released in the English-speaking world under a variety of names. The game can be played with the DSi in either book form or normal form, and with either the stylus or buttons. Modes of play include Endless, Stage Clear, Score Attack, and Versus Computer. As with Chotto Dr. Mario, which launched with the DSiWare service in December, this is a single player game.
- Chotto Suujin Taisen (500)
- This number-based puzzle game is an arranged version of the full Suujin Taisen DS game. Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection support is included, allowing for between two and four players to compete. Modes of play include Stage Mode, consisting of over 30 stages of versus-CPU play, and Puzzle Mode, consisting of 40 puzzles. Also included is a match saving mode which lets you save your Wi-Fi matches for later review.
- Chotto Asobi Taizen: Jikkuri Trump (500)
- This second collection of DSi trump games includes five games; Blackjack, Page One, American Page One, Daifugou, and Poker. These were all included in the either the full offline or online DS versions of Chotto Asobi Taizen. Local wireless multiplayer support is included for between 2 and 8 players depending on the game. DS, DS Lite and DSi owners can all play together through download play.
Additional Images (Total 47 Images, Use click action to expand)