Microsoft offers games for cheap through Deal of the Week
Braid available for discount; more deals to follow.
Xbox Live users might have already gotten wind of this, but Microsoft today sent out formal notice of the start of a Japanese version of its "Deal of the Week" discount campaign. The Japanese campaign appears to be synchronized with the overseas version both in terms of game titles and timing.
The "Deal of the Week" campaign offers players one piece of discounted download content on Xbox Live every week. Only Xbox Live Gold members qualify for the special pricing, which amounts to about 33% savings over standard pricing.
The critically acclaimed Braid kicked things off on the 23rd. Gold members can get the Xbox Live Arcade title for 800 Microsoft Points, down from its regular price of 1,200 MSP. The pricing ends on March 3 at 2:00.
Microsoft also shared the Deal of the Week titles for the following three weeks:
- Ninja Gaiden 2 Mission Mode
- From March 2 at 18:00 to March 10 at 2:00, price drop from 800 MSP to 560 MSP
- Project Gotham Racing 4 Premium Challenge Pack
- From March 9 at 18:00 to March 17 at 2:00, price drop from 400 MSP to 240 MSP
- Xbox Classics: Fable
- From March 16 at 18:00 to March 24 at 2:00, price drop from 1200 MSP to 800 MSP
The Deal of the Week campaign will continue following these first four rounds. Details will be posted at Xbox.com.