Nintendo unveils April DSiWare lineup
Animal Crossing clock and Band Bros. radio on the way.
While third parties like Sega, Bandai Namco and G Mode have been the focus of recent DSi Ware announcements, Nintendo showed today its dominance on its own download service with the unveiling of a large number of first party games for April 1.
Seven Nintendo-branded titles will be available on that day, priced between 200 and 500 DSi Ware points. They are as follows:
- DSi Clock: Famicom Mario Type and Animal Crossing Type
- Nintendo is continuing its DSi Clock series with two more themed clocks. The Famicom Mario Type clock is themed around Super Mario Bros. Users can press A to make Mario jump and can also gather coins. The Animal Crossing Type clock offers a musical component, allowing users to freely create a melody that's played back on the hour. All other functionality remains the same as with the original Photo Stand Type clock, which hit on January 28. Each clock is priced at 200 DSi Points.
- Chotto Magic Taizen: Suki Kirai Hakkenki
- This latest entry in Nintendo's growing series of mini magic programs for DSi Ware has the ability to tell what someone likes and hates. Pricing is set at 200 DSi Points.
- Kuru Kuru Action Kuru Pachi 6
- This action puzzle game is an arranged version of the Kuru Pachi 6 mode from the Game Boy Advance game Nonono Puzzle Chairian. Players rotate numbered pieces around on a board in an attempt to line like-numbered pieces up. The game offers four modes of play, including score attack, time attack, challenge mode, and a puzzle mode with 198 problems. Pricing is set at 500 DSi Points. Videos of this game can be seen at the official site.
- Ganbaru Watashi no Osaifu Ouendan
- This budgeting software (the name translates to "Good Luck, My Wallet Cheering Squad") adds up expenses as you incur them and provides tools for analyzing where money was wasted. Those who plan on using the software for long term budget planning can save their data to SD in a CSV format for importing into real PC software. Pricing is set at 500 DSi points.
- Kakonde Keshite Wakugumi no Jikan
- This puzzle game from Mitchell has players line up white and black pieces in order to make pieces of one color surround pieces of the other color. The game includes a piece attack mode, where you attempt to clear as many pieces as possible in a time limit, a time attack mode, where you attempt to reach a goal as fast as possible, and a training mode. Pricing is set at 500 DSi Points. Videos of this game can be found at the official site.
- Band Bros. DX Radio with Photo Stand
- This internet radio software allows users to listen to music from Band Bros. DX, complete with the voice of Barbara, an in-game character from the DS title. Songs are pulled from the lineup of downloadable songs that players or Nintendo staff have created using the full Band Bros. DX game. The music cycles throughout the day according to a programming guide, which can be seen at the Nintendo official site. Those with the actual Band Bros. DX can download songs as they are being broadcast for use with the main game. The software also includes a photo stand feature which lets users display pictures that they've taken with the DSi Camera. Pricing is set at 500 DSi Points.
Screens of these games can be seen off Nintendo's official DSi Ware page.
On March 25, prior to the release of these games, Nintendo's third parties will be delivering Phantasy Star Zero Mini, Kuuki Yomi. DS, and Korogashi Puzzle Katamari Damacy. These have already been detailed.