These Were the Top Games of May
Kingdom Hearts leads the month as DS has its way with the top five.
DS owned the software market in May, accounting for the top five games and six out of the top ten overall.
As reported at Famitsu.com yesterday, the top 10 for the period covering April 27 through May 31 reads like this:
- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (Square Enix, DS): 291,211
- Ace Attorney Investigations (Capcom, DS): 201,817
- Dragon Ball Kai (Namco Bandai, DS): 176,725
- Wario Ware DIY (Nintendo, DS): 156,692
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (Pokemon, DS): 131,060 (total 329,484)
- Persona (Atlus, PSP): 122,962
- Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G PSP the Best (Capcom, PSP): 94,626 (total 742,875)
- Sloan & McHale's Mysterious Story (Level-5, DS): 82,183
- Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires (Koei, PS3): 78,680
- Wii Fit (Nintendo, Wii): 74,930 (total 3,388,514)
Kingdom Hearts and Ace Attorney were released in the closing days of the month, making their placement at the top all the more impressive. It's very possible that they'll stay in the top ten for June as well.
As a fun project for after dinner, compare the above chart Famitsu's April chart. What games placed across both months? How many games were new last month compared to this month? How many games had the letter "z" in their title?
Additional Images (Total 5 Images, Use click action to expand)