These Were the Top Games of June
Wii Sports Resort tops the charts despite only four days of sales.
Do you get the odd feeling that you've been reading far too many sales recap stories of late? Well there's a reason for that. Enterbrain's report on the top games of the first half of 2009 coincided with Media Create's report on the top games of last week and further coincided with the report you see here, the top games of June. You'll have to take my word for it... these lists are all different.
The June top 10, as posted at Famitsu.com yesterday, covers June 1 through June 28. Games towards the end of the month tend to have a disadvantage as far as reporting days go, but that didn't matter for Wii Sports Resort, which managed to top the monthly sales charts despite a release on the 25th. Not only did it top the charts, but it beat its nearest competitor two to one!
Here's the full top 10:
- Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo, Wii, 6/25): 353,827
- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (Square Enix, DS, 5/30): 171,242 (462,453)
- Friend Collection (Nintendo, DS, 6/18): 170,490
- Ace Attorney Investigations (Capcom, DS, 5/28): 65,863 (267,680)
- Sloane & MacHale's Mysteries (Level-5, DS, 5/21): 57,359 (139,542)
- Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G PSP the Best (Capcom, PSP, 10/30): 51,590 (???)
- Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires (Koei, PS3, 5/28): 49,059 (127,739)
- Infinite Space (Sega, DS, 6/11): 48,397
- Atelier Rorona (Gust, PS3, 6/25): 47,456
- Ken to Mahou to Gakuen Mono 2 (Acquire, PSP, 6/25): 45,282
The Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G figure has a bunch of question marks because the total figure provided by Famitsu.com appears to be wrong.
Compared to May's top 10, while the number one game scored higher sales this month, overall sales were clearly down. Last month had six games above the 100,000 mark, compared of just three this month.
July will definitely mark a recovery thanks to Dragon Quest VIII, which could top the four million mark over the course of the month alone. Wii Sports Resort will also presumably see continued success.