It's August. That means July is over... for now!
So what was big in the domestic gaming scene over the past month? Famitsu shared its monthly software sales report today, so let's take a look.
These figures cover from June 29 through July 26. Wherever applicable, lifetime sales are in parenthesis.
- Dragon Quest IX (Square Enix, DS): 3,217,502
- Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo, Wii): 381,399 (735,226)
- Friend Collection (Nintendo, DS): 234,877 (405,367)
- Hatsune Miku Project Diva (Sega, PSP): 135,764
- My Summer Vacation 4 (SCE, PSP): 102,241
- Pro Baseball Spirits 6 (Konami, PS3): 94,504
- Pro Baseball Spirits 6 (Konami, PS2): 69,980
- Penguin no Mondai X (Konami, DS): 56,151
- Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G PSP the Best (Capcom, PSP): 54,278 (848,743)
- Welcome Home! Chibi Robo! Happy Rich Cleaning (Nintendo, DS): 40,084
No real surprises at top. Just as it did in the weekly charts, Dragon Quest IX outsold all other games in the top ten combined many times over.
Compared to June's chart, July's has more new releases. But there are some long sellers in there as well, most notable Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G.
Friend Collection looks like it will be another example of a Nintendo game with long legs. Not only did it keep the same position as its debut last month, it actually managed to sell more copies!