Phantasy Star Portable 2 Demo Detailed
Sega offering plenty of content to keep players busy until release.
Sega promised a few weeks back that we'd be getting a Phantasy Star Portable 2 demo. Today, it shared details.
The demo will be available first in download form on November 1. For those who don't have access to an internet connection, Sega will also offer a limited UMD version of the demo starting on November 9.
It looks like players can expect a whole lot of content to keep them busy until the retail version's December 3 release. Sega lists the following:
- You'll be able to play the first chapter of the story mode.
- You'll be able to play up to level 15.
- Up to four players will be able to take part in ad-hoc cooperative play.
- The game's infrastructure-based internet multiplayer mode will be accessible only to those who've won a drawing.
- You'll be able to play a free mission mode featuring a new boss, as well as cooperative and competitive missions.
- A few of the recently announced collaborative items -- Fanta, Pizza Hut, etc. -- will appear in the demo.
- Your save data can be carried over in full to the retail version.
- Players who have the UMD demo will be able to install it to Memory Stick and distribute it to friends. The install requires 370MB.
- The demo will be playable in co-op with the retail version of the game.
- The demo version's infrastructure mode will come to an end on 12/3.
- You'll be able to import your Phantasy Star Portable and Phantasy Star Universe Illuminous no Yabou characters to the demo version.
The downloadable demo will be available via PlayStation Store and also the Phantasy Star Portable 2 official site. The UMD version will be distributed at game shops to those who purchase a PSP system or the original Phantasy Star Portable.
Details on the drawing for infrastructure mode play will be shared at the official site in a future update.
Additional Images (Total 7 Images, Use click action to expand)