Romancing SaGa, SFII Dash Hit Virtual Console in November
Metal Gear and Fatal Fury too!
Virtual Console is about to get its next major Square Enix RPG franchise. Following multiple Final Fantasy releases, the next RPG series to hit the service will be the Super Famicom version of Romancing SaGa. A release is planned for November.
The lineup of November retro titles, shared by Nintendo today, is as follows:
- Fire Emblem Gaiden (Nintendo, Famicom)
- Romancing SaGa (Square Enix, Super Famicom)
- Street Fighter II Dash Champion Edition (Capcom, PC Engine)
- Fatal Fury Special (SNK Playmore, Neo Geo)
- Chotetsu Brikin'ger (SNK Playmore, Neo Geo)
- Metal Gear (Konami, MSX)
- Yie Ar Kung-Fu II (Konami, MSX)
- Road Fighter (Konami, MSX)
- Penguin Adventure (Konami, MSX)
- Space Monbo (Konami, MSX)
Included in the list is the Japan-only PC Engine version of Street Fighter II Championship Edition, and a few of the MSX titles that Konami announced earlier today.
Of the above, Fire Emblem and Fatal Fury are set for November 4. Everything else is TBA November.
As always, the Virtual Console release list is usually updated throughout the month with new arcade releases. Namco Bandai is going at a pace of two per week. Additionally, the October lineup was appended last week with major releases like Sonic & Knuckles. There could be even more retro fun on the way next month.