Bonk Gets Big on the Game Archives
Sony's retro service gets new content today and next week.
PS3 and PSP owners who like to go retro will have plenty of choices over the next couple of weeks. Both the standard Game Archives and the PC Engine Archives lineups will be receiving updates.
Today, the Game Archives lineup takes delivery of the following:
- Tokimeki Memorial Taisen Puzzle Dama PS one Books
- A falling blocks puzzle game where you face off against the girls of the Tokimeki Memorial series. When played on the PSP, the game is one-player only.
- Championship Bass
- A bass fishing game that simulates changing seasons and proper bass movements. Environments include both natural and manmade.
- High Park Crazy Climber
- An action game where you attempt to climb to the top of towers in seven stages.
- A shooting game that's set in familiar fairy tale words. Mr. Hiro and his little sister Ai-chan have entered the fairy tale world and must ride a flying vacuum machine to save the world from the evil witch. The PSP version is one-player only.
Next week, the rarely updated PC Engine Archives service gets two new games:
- PC Genjin 3
- Known overseas as Bonk 3: Bonk's Big Adventure, this sequel adds candy power ups which change Bonk's size.
- The Kung Fu
- The very first PC Engine game features large characters that help to provide the feeling of playing a kung fu action flick.
These titles will carry the standard Archives price of ¥600.