Microsoft Holds Shooooting Festival
Celebrate the shmup in Akihabara later this month.
It looks like Microsoft is making a regular thing of its Xbox 360 Shooting Festa event. The company announced today a second holding for the event that's devoted to one of the 360's surprising strong points, the 2D shoot 'em up.
The first Xbox 360 Shooting Festa event was held in December 2008 and featured lots of gloating about the 360 being the place to go for shooter fans, along with new details on then upcoming games like Death Smiles. See a full report on the event here (and don't feel too bad if you laugh at DoDonPachi being featured in the tournament.
This year's event, fully titled Xbox 360 Shooting Festa! 2010, will be held at Belle Salle in Akihabara on February 27th. Unlike the invite-only 2008 event, this one will be open to anyone who shows up and will span the full afternoon, from 12:30 to 17:00.
Attendees will be able to play a variety of shooters, from the in-release to the upcoming, some of which will mark their playable debut. Here's the full lineup of games for the event:
- Espgaluda II Black Label (Cave, X360, release 2/25)
- Ketsui Extra (5pb., X360, Spring 2010)
- Senkou no Rondo Duo (G.rev, X360, 4/28)
- Shooting Love. 200x (Triangle Service, Games on Demand, now available)
- Senkou no Rondo Rev.X (G.Rev, Games on Demand, now available)
- Raiden IV (Moss, Games on Demand, now available)
- 0 Day Attack on Earth (Square Enix, XLA, now available)
- Ikaruga (Treasure, XLA, now available)
- Trigger Heart Excelica (Warashi, XLA, now available)
- R-Type Dimensions (Microsoft, XLA, now available)
- Raystorm HD (Taito, XLA, Spring 2010)
- KOF Sky Stage (SNK Playmore, XLA, Summer 2010)
- After Burner Climax (Sega, XLA< release date TBA)
There may also be other titles besides these.
(The KOF Sky Stage date, incidentally, is new. The game was previously announced for Spring release.)
Stage events will be held from 12:30 to 13:15 and will feature representatives from Sega, Cave and 5pb.. Microsoft's announcement of the event hinted at surprise announcements during the stage events.
Those looking to celebrate that hardcore of hardcore genres should head out to Akihabara on the 27th.
Additional Images (Total 53 Images, Use click action to expand)