Resident Evil 5 Alternative Edition Tops the Charts
God Eater pushed from top spot. Heavy Rain debuts at sixth.
It took a game with a name as big as Resident Evil to push God Eater from the top spot on the sales charts. Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition debuted on the PS3 last week and topped the charts, pushing God Eater into second place. God Eater had claimed the top spot for the two weeks prior.
Enterbrain's early weekly sales report for the week covering February 15 through February 21, as reported at Famitsu.com, reads as follows:
- 1. Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition (Capcom, PS3)
- 2. God Eater (Namco Bandai, PSP)
- 3. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo, Wii)
- 4. Dragon Quest VI (Square Enix, DS)
- 5. Friend Collection (Nintendo, DS)
- 6. Heavy Rain (Sony, PS3)
- 7. Yu-gi-oh World Championship 2010 Rebirth of Arcadia (Konami, DS)
- 8. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo, Wii)
- 9. Zelda Spirit Tracks (Nintendo, DS)
- 10. Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (Pokemon, DS)
Also of note in the chart is Heavy Rain, which debuted in its first week in sixth place.
Notable for not debuting in the top ten are Classic Dungeon and Patchwork Heroes, both PSP titles with strong word of month amongst core gamers.
Enterbrain will provide full sales figures late next week. Media Create's sales data, complete with figures for the top 10, should be available early Thursday.