Pokemon Ranger Tops the Charts
Pikachu and friends beat out .hack, Nobunaga and a budget Dragon Quest IX.
It's got Pokemon in the title, and it's on the DS. It shouldn't come as a surprise to learn that, despite a Saturday release, which limited it just two days in Enterbrain's weekly tracking period, Pokemon Ranger Hikari no Kiseki topped the charts in its first week of sales last week.
Famitsu passed along Enterbrain's top ten for the week covering March 1 through March 7. Pokemon Ranger was successful against PSP's .hack//Link, and also managed to somehow fend off Dragon Quest IX's "Ultimate Hits" budget release.
Here's the full top 10:
- Pokemon Ranger Hikari no Kiseki (Pokemon, DS)
- .hack//Link (Namco Bandai, PSP)
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo, Wii)
- Nobunaga's Ambition Tendou (Koei, PS3)
- Dragon Quest IX Ultimate Hits (Square Enix, DS)
- Friend Collection (Nintendo, DS)
- Kenka Bancho 4 (Spike, PSP)
- God Eater (Namco Bandai, PSP)
- Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo, Wii)
- Resident Evil 5 (Capcom, PS3)
In addition to Pokemon, .hack and DQIX, Nobunaga's Ambition was also new this week. This first HD Nobunaga strategy title was released simultaneously on Xbox 360.
As always, Famitsu will provide full sales figures for the top 30 in a week (March 18). Media Create's top ten sales figures will be released later this week and posted to the ranking page.
Additional Images (Total 29 Images, Use click action to expand)