Tetsuya Nomura Interviewed at Twitter
Producer reveals air ships for Final Fantasy Versus XIII and plans for two games this year.
Tetsuya Nomura is... not on Twitter. Indirectly, however, he was featured earlier today in a Twitter-based interview at the Square Enix Members Twitter account. (Thanks for the heads up, Faisal!)
The interview was conducted by Square Enix producer Shinji Hashimoto using fan-submitted questions. Here's a summary of the questions and responses:
- How far along is Versus?
- "Not everything is connected together, so the various areas have different levels of progress. However, you can fly across the world map in an air ship."
- What about that talk about a sequel to Dissidia Final Fantasy being under consideration?
- "A Dissidia Final Fantasy sequel -- we'll work at it!" Unfortunately, this answer can mean anything. It could mean that they're actually working on a sequel. It could also mean that Nomura is working to get a sequel started. You probably shouldn't take this as confirmation that a sequel is in development, though (although it probably is -- have you seen how many copies the first one sold?).
- What is your favorite character?
- "I like all the characters I've made. However, the character I most encounter, Sora, is special."
- You discussed a lot with Konami's Hideo Kojima in a net radio broadcast. What happened to your relationship after that?
- "I occasionally receive dinner invites from Kojima."
- We'd like you to start Twitter
- "I have nothing to Tweet."
- I'd like to know the state of Versus 13, Agito, 3rd Birthday, etc.
- "I'm being stopped by producer Hashimoto."
- Give us a progress report on the games you're working on, the games you're playing, and interests.
- "I'd like to release two titles within the year. As for games that I'm playing, I cleared Battle Field 2 and have started playing Heavy Rain. As for interests outside of games, I'll watch any video in general."