Yakuza series director Toshihiro Nagoshi hinted at great success for Yakuza 4. Enterbrain's latest sales chart seems to back that claim up.
The latest Yakuza game -- fifth in the series and third on the PS3 -- topped the charts for the week covering March 15 through March 21. It beat out fellow newcomer Gundam Assault Survive, which debuted in second place.
Everything else in the top ten was old, except for Haku Ouki DS, an Idea Factory love sim designed for female players. The DS version of the game adds mini games and the ability to stage question and answer sessions with the Shinsengumi members who serve as the targets of your love.
The top ten, as reported at Famitsu.com, reads like this:
- 1. Yakuza 4 (Sega, PS3)
- 2. Gundam Assault Survive (Namco Bandai, PSP)
- 3. Pokemon Ranger Path of Light (Pokemon, DS)
- 4. Friend Collection (Nintendo, DS)
- 5. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo, Wii)
- 6. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo, Wii)
- 7. Dynasty Warriors Strike Force 2 (Koei, PSP)
- 8. Yuusha no Kuse ni Nama Ikida 3D (Sony, PSP)
- 9. Haku Ouki DS (Idea Factory, DS)
- 10. God Eater (Namco Bandai, PSP)
Famitsu.com will Enterbrain's full top 30 sale figures next Thrusday. Media Create will have its own top 30, complete with sales numbers for the top 10, later this week.