Hori Makes PlayStation 3 Almost Portable
New LCD monitor sits atop slimline PS3.
In a world where power can be beamed around like Wi-Fi signals, the PS3 would become portable next month. That's when Hori will release this:
The officially licensed HD LCD Monitor 3 is an 11.6 inch LCD display kit that snaps on to the top of your PS3. The monitor plugs directly into the PS3 via an AV Multi Terminal socket, and can be folded down when not in use.
Hori suggests using it with the Torne DVR kit:
Full specs look like this:
- LCD Type: TFT
- LCD Size: 11.6 inch wide
- Display area: 256.125x144mm
- Max Resolution: 1366x768
- Colors: 262,144
- Vertical view angle: Up 20 degreees, down 45 degrees
- Horizontal view angle: Left and right 45 degrees
- Brightness: 200cd/m2
- Contrast: 500:1
- Response time: 7ms
- Formats: 480i, 720p
- Backlight: LED
- Video input: AV Multi Out Cable Connector (component input) x1, External input (component input) x 1
- Audio out: Included stereo speaker, headphone jack x 2
- Weight: 860g
- AC Adapter weight: 120g
Being that power is not beamed wirelessly like Wi-Fi just yet, you'll have to plug in both the PS3 and the monitor using separate AC adapters.
Pricing for the monitor is set at ¥26,040. Look for it at select shops on May 27. See Impress Watch for a list of shops.
More pics at Hori's official site.