These Were the Top Games of March
Yakuza and Fist of the North Star lead the way.
March has come to an end (I know, I know... 9 days ago). Lots of games were sold. But which games sold the most?
Famitsu provided Enterbrain's top ten sales data for the month today, allowing us to see what was hot as the fiscal year came to a close.
Sony platforms lead the way over the month, with the PS3 grabbing the top 2 and the PSP taking three slots in the lower 5. For Nintendo, most of the product was old, with exception to Pokemon Ranger (and, if you're going to get technical, Dragon Quest IX, which appeared under its newly released Ultimate Hits budget version).
Here's the full top 10 for the month, covering March 1 through March 28. Life to date sales where applicable are in parentheses.
- 1. Yakuza 4 (Sega, PS3): 480,626
- 2. Fist of the North Star Musou (Tecmo Koei Games, Ps3): 385,551
- 3. Pokemon Ranger Path of Light: 330,801
- 4. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo, Wii): 167,875 (3,587,755)
- 5. Friend Collection (Nintendo, DS): 155,340 (3,085,838)
- 6. Gundam Assault Survive (Namco Bandai, PSP): 124,048
- 7. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo, Wii): 102,873 (1,787,860)
- 8. .hack//Link (Namco Bandai, PSP): 94,590
- 9. Dragon Quest IX Ultimate Hits (Square Enix, DS): 88,173
- 10. God Eater (Namco Bandai, PSP): 76,322 (572,372)