New Super Mario Bros. Wii Tops Enterbrain Software Charts
Multiplayer Mario game reclaims top sport for first time in three months.
It's a classic Nintendo sales pattern. A Wii game, now four months old, suddenly made it back into the top spot in Enterbrain's weekly software sales chart. That game is, of course, New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
As reported at Famitsu.com, the multiplayer Wii Mario game returned to the top spot last week for the first time in eleven weeks. This is the sixth time the game has topped the charts since its release on 12/3/2009.
Mario's sudden rise can be attributed in part to the lack of new releases for the week. The only newcomer to chart was Gust's Atelier Judie PSP remake, which just squeezed in at 10.
Here's Enterbrain's top 10 covering April 5 to April 11.
- 1. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo, Wii)
- 2. Fist of the North Star Musou (Tecmo Koei, PS3)
- 3. Pro Baseball Spirits 2010 (Konami, PSP)
- 4. Pro Baseball Spirits 2010 (Konami, PS3)
- 5. Friend Collection (Nintendo, DS)
- 6. Pokemon Ranger Path of Light (Pokemon, DS)
- 7. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo, Wii)
- 8. Etrian Odyssey III (Atlus, DS)
- 9. Yakuza 4 (Sega, PS3)
- 10. Atelier Judie (Gust, PSP)
As always, Famitsu will provide specific sales numbers for the top 30 next Thursday, both online and via its print edition. Sales figures for the top 10 will be provided by Media Create later this week.