PS3 NieR Tops Enterbrain's Software Chart
Xbox 360 version fails to crack the top 10.
New Super Mario Bros. at long last gave up the top spot in the weekly sales charts this week. Taking over in number one was Square Enix's NieR. Well, one NieR, at least.
Here in Japan, the PS3 and 360 have slightly different versions of the Cavia-developed action title. PS3 has NieR Replicant, which features a younger hero and Japanese voiceovers. Xbox 360 has NieR Gestalt, with an older hero and English voiceovers. The 360 version is identical to version of NieR that's being released overseas on both platforms.
Topping the charts this week was the younger of the two NieRs. PS3's NieR Replicant took the top spot. Meanwhile, 360's Gestalt was nowhere to be found in the top 10.
Here's the full top 10 covering April 19 through April 25 as reported today at Famitsu.com based off Enterbrain sales data:
- 1. NieR Replicant (Square Enix, PS3)
- 2. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo, Wii)
- 3. Tokyo Mono Hara Shi: Karasu No Mori Gakuen Kitan (Atlus, PSP)
- 4. Ys Oath in Felghana (Falcom, PSP)
- 5. Friend Collection (Nintendo, DS)
- 6. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo, Wii)
- 7. Pro Baseball Spirits 2010 (Konami, PSP)
- 8. The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion Game of the Year Edition (Bethesda, PS3)
- 9. Pokemon Ranger Path of Light (Pokemon, DS)
- 10. Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo, Wii)
Outside of NieR, Tokyo Mono Hara Shi, Ys and The Elder Scrolls were all new releases for the week.
Full numbers will be released by Enterbrain late next week. Barring holiday scheduling conflicts, Media Create should have its own sales data later this week, complete with numbers and some indication of where Gestalt placed.