Super Mario Galaxy 2 Tops the Charts
Mario rules in a week full of new releases. Two Xbox 360 games make it into the top 10.
Enterbrain and Famitsu.com shared today early sales data for the week covering March 24 through March 30.
Despite a large selection of new releases, the top placing game shouldn't come as a surprise. Super Mario Galaxy 2 topped the charts in its first week, besting fellow newcomers Super Robot Taisen OG Saga The Lord of Elemental, Medalot DS, and Sakatsuku DS World Challenge 2010.
Long-legged games like Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 and Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker followed, alongside last week's top debut titles, Lost Planet 2 and Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen.
Closing out the top ten were a couple of Xbox 360 games. Arcade shooter Death Smiles IIX took ninth, besting Alan Wake.
Here's the full top 10:
- 1. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo, Wii)
- 2. Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Masou Kishin The Lord of Elemental (Namco Bandai, DS)
- 3. Medalot DS Kabuto Version/Kuwagata Version (Rocket Company, DS)
- 4. Sakatsuku DS World Challenge 2010 (Sega, DS)
- 5. Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 (Square Enix, DS)
- 6. Lost Planet 2 (Capcom, PS3)
- 7. Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen (Konami, PS3)
- 8. Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker (Konami, PSP)
- 9. Death Smiles IIX (Cave, Xbox 360)
- 10. Alan Wake (Microsoft, Xbox 360)
Enterbrain's full set of top 30 sales figures for the week will hit Famitsu and Famitsu.com around this time next week. Media Create's top 30, complete with sales figures for the top 10, will be posted to this site's rankings page on Thursday afternoon.