Two Weeks at the Top for Super Mario Galaxy 2
Not even Fairy Tail Portable Guild could stop Nintendo's monster hit.
Super Mario Galaxy 2 managed to top Enterbrain's weekly sales charts in its second week of sales. This shouldn't come as too much of a surprise given that the biggest newcomers last week were Konami's PSP adaptation of the Fairy Tail manga and an Evangelion pachinko game.
Many of last week's debut titles fell from the top 10 and were replaced by long selling hits. Most notable among these front ended sellers was Super Robot Taisen OG Saga The Lord of Elemental, which debuted last week at number 2 last week.
Here's the full top ten for May 31 through June 6, as shared today at Famitsu.com. The games are listed with publisher, system and release date.
- 1. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo, Wii, 5/27)
- 2. Fairy Tail Portable Guild (Konami, PSP, 6/3)
- 3. Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 (Square Enix, DS, 4/28)
- 4. Sakatsuku DS World Challenge 2010 (Sega, DS, 5/27)
- 5. Lost Planet 2 (Capcom, PS3, 5/20)
- 6. Why Are There So Many Eva Pachinko Games? (D3 Publisher, PSP, 6/3)
- 7. Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker (Konami, PSP, 4/29)
- 8. Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chosen (Konami, PS3, 5/20)
- 9. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo, Wii, 10/1/09)
- 10. Friend Collection (Nintendo, DS, 6/18/09)
Enterbrain's sales figures for the top 30 will be shared next Thursday in both the print Famitsu and at Famitsu.com. Media Create will have top 10 sales figures later this week. This will be posted at this site's rankings page.