Gran Turismo 5 Set for November
Sony adds 3D visuals and face tracking tech to growing list of features.
The full PlayStation 3 incarnation of Sony's real driving simulator series finally has a release time frame. Coinciding with announcements made by Sony Computer Entertainment America in Los Angeles during an E3 press conference earlier today, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan announced a general November time frame for Gran Turismo 5's Japanese release. Pricing is set at ¥7,980.
During the press conference, the game's American release was confirmed for a more specific November 2.
Sony Japan also shared updated specifications for the game:
- Online: Support for Communication
- Car Count: Over 1,000 Planned
- Course Count: Over 20 locations and 70 variations
- Can carry over car data from PSP Gran Turismo
- 3D support
- Face tracking functionality