Wii Party Reclaims the Top Spot
Slow week for new releases leads to rebound for older games.
Last week was pretty slow for new releases. This usually translates to some old Nintendo game reclaiming the top spot in the weekly sales charts. That's just what happened in Enterbrain's chart this week as Wii Party leaped up from fourth place into first.
As detailed today at Famitsu.com, Wii Party beat out newcomer Fate/Extra, a PSP RPG adaptation of the Fate/Extra franchise. The only other newcomer in the top 10 was Katei Kyoshi Hitman Reborn DS Flame Rumble XX.
Last week's number 1, Fire Emblem New Mystery of the Emblem, fell to fifth, giving way to previous number one debuts Dragon Quest Monsters Battle Road Victory and Inazuma Eleven 3. Last Ranker also managed to stay in the top 10, placing eighth this week following its debut at fifth last week.
Here's the full top 10. Games are listed with platform, publisher and release date.
- 1. Wii Party (Nintendo, Wii, 7/8)
- 2. Fate/Extra (MMV, PSP, New - 7/22)
- 3. Inazuma Eleven 3 (Level-5, DS, 7/1)
- 4. Dragon Quest Monsters Battle Road Victory (Square Enix, Wii, 7/15)
- 5. Fire Emblem New Mystery of the Emblem (Nintendo, DS, 7/15)
- 6. Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2010 (Konami, PS3, 7/15)
- 7. Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2010 (Konami, PSP, 7/15)
- 8. Last Ranker (Capcom, PSP, 7/15)
- 9. Katei Kyoshi Hitman Reborn DS Flame Rumble XX (Takara Tomy, DS, New - 7/22)
- 10. Taiko Drum Master DS Dororon! (Namco Bandai, DS, 7/1)
Media Create will share its own top 30, complete with figures for the top 10, on Thursday. Check the andriasang.com rankings page for that.