Hatsune Miku Project Diva Tops the Charts
Virtual idol beats Sengoku Basara and Ys vs Sora no Kiseki.
Last week was one of those flood weeks, where the release calendar is packed so thick with releases that you wonder how anyone can possibly be making money.
Sega's Hatsune Miku sequel came out on top of the pack, according to Enterbrain sales data. The PSP title, Hatsune Miku Project Diva 2nd, outpaced the PS3 and Wii's Sengoku Basara 3, which placed respectively 2nd and 5th, Metal Max 3, which placed 6th, and and Falcom's franchise crossover Ys vs vs Sora no Kiseki, which placed 7th.
Hatsune Miku's success shouldn't come as a surprise. The original, released July 2, 2009, is often cited by Sega as one of its strong points for the previous fiscal year.
Here's the full Enterbrain top 10 for July 26 through August 1, as passed along today at Famitsu.com.
- 1. Hatsune Miku Project Diva 2nd (Sega, PSP, new)
- 2. Sengoku Basara 3 (Capcom, PS3, new)
- 3. Wii Party (Nintendo, Wii, 7/8)
- 4. Kamen Rider Battle Ganbaride Card Battle Taisen (Namco Bandai, DS, new)
- 5. Sengoku Basara 3 (Capcom, Wii, new)
- 6. Metal Max 3 (Kadokawa Games, DS, new)
- 7. Ys vs Sora no Kiseki (Falcom, PSP, new)
- 8. Inazuma Eleven 3 (Level-5, DS, 7/1)
- 9. Dragon Quest Monsters Battle Road Victory (Square Enix, Wii, 7/15)
- 10. Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2010 (Konami, PS3, 7/15)
Not placing in the top 10 were Neo Geo Heroes Ultimate Shooting, ModNation Racers, Second Novel, Strike Witches, and Memories Off Yubikiri Kioku. Unless these completely bombed, we should be able to see their top 30 placement once Media Create provides its own data later in the week. You'll find that data at the andriasang.com ranking page.