Konami Outlines Tokyo Game Show Plans
Castlevania and Metal Gear Solid Rising to be joined by partner games like Catherine and Zero no Kiseki
Konami opened a preliminary Tokyo Game Show site today, sharing an initial look at its plans for next month's gaming event.
Similar to such publishers as Sega, Konami's booth will include both its own games and games from partner companies.
Currently confirmed for the Konami banner:
- Otomedues X (X360)
- Castlevania Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
- Crossboard 7
- Zack to Ombra Maboroshi no Yuenchi (DS)
- Tongari Boushi to Mahou to Omise
- Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker (PSP)
- Metal Gear Solid Rising (PS3/X360)
Games appearing from partner companies include:
- Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki (Falcom, PSP)
- Catherine (Atlus, PS3/X360)
- Metal Fight Beyblade (Hudson, DS, already available)
- Metal Fight Beyblade Portable (Hudson, PSP)
- Momotaro Dentetsu World (Hudson, DS)
- UFC Undisputed 2010 (Yukes, PS3/X360)
The company did not say what would be playable and what would be video only.
Outside of playable kiosks and trailers, Konami will also have a goods section and will host a variety of stage events. So far, the company has only mentioned its previously announced Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker tournament. Previously, it also shared plans for a Metal Gear series cosplay tournament. Such events will be broadcast live over Ustream.
TGS will be held from September 16 through September 19. The first two days are press and business partners only. The general public can access the show on the last two days.
Konami usually has a much more elaborate site for TGS. Expect something more robust, along with additional title announcements, as the show approaches.