Monster Hunter Beats Metroid and Bleach for Top Sales Spot
Two consecutive weeks at the top for Monster Hunter spinoff.
Monster Hunter Diary fought off some tough competition this week to retain the top spot in Media Create's weekly sales chart.
As passed along today at 4gamer, the Monster Hunter spinoff added another 88,405 units this week, bringing its grand total to 344,480 units.
Metroid M debuted on Wii at 45,398 this week. Also new this week were PSP's Bleach Heat the Soul 7, in 5th with 25,374 units, and the PS3 version of Square Enix's Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 budget re-release, in 9th with 9,162 units.
Here's the top ten. Life to date sales are in parentheses:
- Monster Hunter Diary Poka Poka Felyne Village (Capcom, PSP): 88,405 (344,480)
- Wii Party (Nintendo, Wii): 55,837 (915,570)
- Metroid Other M (Nintendo, Wii): 45,398
- Ace Combat X2 (Namco Bandai, PSP): 27,560 (85,345)
- Bleach Heat the Soul 7 (SCE, PSP): 25,374
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo, Wii): 11,933 (807,536)
- Painting Classroom DS (Nintendo, DS): 10,248 (159,007)
- Inazuma Eleven 3 (Level-5, DS): 10,022 (820,739)
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Budget Version (Square Enix, PS3): 9,162
- Another Century's Episode R (Namco Bandai, PS3): 8,880 (257,083)
PSP topped the hardware charts once again, although sales fell to more typical numbers following last week's surge. The PSP was pretty much neck and neck with DS this week when you add up all the DS SKUs.
- 1. PSP: 34,839 (55,112)
- 2. PS3: 22,227 (25,053)
- 3. DSi LL: 18,929 (19,010)
- 4. DSi: 16,968 (17,057)
- 5. Wii: 16,080 (15,989)
- 6. DS Lite: 4,039 (3,925)
- 7. X360: 2,860 (2,665)
- 8. PS2: 1,370 (1,358)
- 9. PSP go: 927 (836)