Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy: Basics of Assist
Take a step by step look at one of the sequel's biggest additions.
The Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy official site was updated today with a new "system" section that will presumably introduce us to the various gameplay systems Square Enix is packing into the PSP sequel.
First up is a look at the Assist System. Visit the system section to access a video showing the basics of how this all new system works. The Assist System lets you summon a partner character to briefly do some of the fighting for you.
Points mentioned in the clip include:
- Build up your Assist Gauge (below the green life bars) by striking opponents with your attack.
- You also can build up the gauge by just striking at the air without hitting your opponent, although this takes long.
- The Assist Gauge can be built up faster if you use a variety of attacks rather than the same attack over and over.
- You can also charge up the Assist Gauge through HP attacks.
- Basically, just be active in your attacks, and the gauge will be built up.
- The gauge will deplete if you sit around without attacking.
- Once at least one bar on the gauge has filled up, you can press L and circle to execute an Assist Brave Attack. Your summoned Assist Character will automatically attack your foe.
- When Assist Gauge is filled up max, press L and circle to execute an Assist HP Attack. As with the Assist HP Attack, your summoned Assist Character will attack your foe for you.