Tales of Graces F Sells 200,000 in First Week
Joining impressive Monster Hunter debut, Wii also see sales spike.
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd and PSP were big gaming items last week. But they weren't alone! Media Create has shared its full top 20, and some other games and systems placed highly on the charts.
Media Create had Monster Hunter Portable 3rd at 1,950,717 units, just a bit lower than the 2.1 million plus Enterbrain total that was announced earlier in the week. Media Create also reported a huge sales surge for PSP, in this case to 323,653 units.
Taking second place this week in the software charts was Tales of Graces F, which sold 215,187 units in its first week. The Wii version sold a bit under 150,000 units (according to Enterbrain stats) in its first week last year.
Other newcomers this week included Mario vs Donkey Kong (Nintendo, DS), Momotaro Dentetsu World (Hudson, DS), Kamen Rider Climax Heroes (Namco Bandai, PSP/Wii), Taiko Drum Master Wii 3 (Namco Bandai, Wii) and Penguin no Mondai The World (Konami, DS).
On the hardware front, Wii joined PSP in seeing a sales spike, although not nearly as sharp, of course. PS3 began to fall back to more normal levels following last weeks's Gran Turismo 5 sales surge.
Here's the software top 20, for 11/29 to 12/5, as passed along via 4gamer:
- 1. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (Capcom, PSP): 1,950,717
- 2. Tales of Graces F (Namco Bandai, PS3): 215,187
- 3. Mario Sports Mix (Nintendo, Wii): 59,007 (143,991)
- 4. Mario vs Donkey Kong Totsugeki! Mini Land (Nintendo, DS): 57,474
- 5. Gran Turismo 5 (Sony, PS3): 55,682 (486,389)
- 6. Pokemon Black & White (Pokemon, DS): 54,848 (4,548,954)
- 7. Super Mario Collection Special Pack (Nintendo, Wii): 45,904 (659,319)
- 8. Momotaro Dentetsu World (Hudson, DS): 45,126
- 9. Kamen Rider Climax Heroes Os (Namco Bandai, PSP): 36,856
- 10. Kamen Rider Climax Heroes Os (Namco Bandai, Wii): 35,132
- 11. Wii Party (Nintendo, Wii): 30,900 (1,263,462)
- 12. Taiko Drum Master Wii Minna de Party 3 (Namco Bandai, Wii): 29,328
- 13. Super Fossil Fighters (Nintendo, DS): 22,511 (91,534)
- 14. Tongari Boushi to Mahou no Omise (Konami, DS): 22,091 (109,613)
- 15. Super Robot Taisen L (Namco Bandai, DS): 19,556 (148,610)
- 16. Kirby's Epic Yarn (Nintendo, Wii): 18,278 (231,773)
- 17. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo, Wii): 18,146 (61,655)
- 18. Dangan-Ronpa (Spike PSP): 14,340 (39,904
- 19. Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo, Wii): 14,207 (3,001,325)
- 20. Penguin no Mondai The World (Konami, DS): 14,046
And here are the hardware charts for the same period, with last week's sales in parentheses.
- 1. PSP: 323,653 (75,689)
- 2. Wii: 56,095 (41,267)
- 3. PS3: 41,760 (68,840)
- 4. DSi LL: 40,465 (28,370)
- 5. DSi: 36,481 (26,548)
- 6. X360: 3,497 (4,329)
- 8. PSP go: 1,875 (1,675)
- 7. DS Lite: 1,580 (1,539)
- 9. PS2: 1,440 (1,332)