Kanan Appears at The Last Story Official Site
You've read about the heroine, now get a look and listen.
Jump got the big reveal this week on Kanan, the heroine of The Last Story. In case you missed our summary of Jump's coverage, read here.
Nintendo has quickly followed up with a big update to the character section of the official site. Have yourself a close look at Kanan:
The site provides a couple of additional details beyond what was in the Jump feature. Kanan is the daughter of the Arganon family, the ruling family of the game's setting, Ruli Island. Her parents died in her youth, and Kanan now lives with her uncle, Count Arganon, in Ruli Castle. She's sealed away in the castle under the Count's supervision, but longs to travel the world.
In addition to Kanan, the official site has artwork and voice samples for most of the characters.
In case you haven't been keeping up with all our Last Story coverage, here's the background story for all the characters.
- The main character. He lost all his family as a youth and became a Mercenary, wandering the land and fighting. He dreams of becoming a Knight. Upon visiting Ruli Island, some strange occurrence happens to him while on his first mission (this is where he gets his "Gathering" ability).
- Leader of Elza's mercenary group. He and Elza met in their youth and are like brothers. He has great trust from his fellow mercenaries.
- The "mood maker" of Elza's mercenary group, Seiren makes use of dual swords. She's a heavy drinker and has a foul mouth, but she's kind and considerate of her friends.
- He's the youngest of the mercenaries, but has great capabilities in battle where he makes use of flame magic. He doesn't talk much and is unsociable. He lost his father in his youth, and then his mother too.
- Jackal is a mage who has the ability to control ice. While he behaves in a flirtatious and easy-going manner, he's actually a thinker and cares for his allies. In battle, he's an all rounder who can use both magic and swords.
- Manamia is capable of using recovery magic. She has a philosophical way of speaking and gentle, motherly atmosphere, traits whose origins appear to lie in the secrets surrounding her birth and upbringing. She's a big eater.
- General Trista
- Trista was once the highest ranking officer in the imperial army and was the embodiment of the ideals of chivalry. Through his first hand experience with the tragedy of war, he quickly came to understand the relation between war and the devastation of the land.