Monster Hunter Portable Remains at Top
Fifth top placement in a row for PSP title even as year-end competition heats up.
Media Create's numbers filled sales data for the week of 12/27/2010 to 1/2/2011 won't be out until later today, but to hold you over, here's Enterbrain's numbers free sales data courtesy of Famitsu.com.
In the last week of the year, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd managed to take the top spot for the fifth week in a row. Capcom announced earlier today that the game has shipped four million units, but we're going to have to wait for Media Create's figures to know how close it is to topping the four million sold mark.
There weren't any new retail releases over the week (you can keep up with recent releases at the andriasang.com release calendar), so it shouldn't come as a surprise that the top 10 as a whole was similar to the week prior. A few games saw year-end boosts, though, most notably Wii Sports Resort and Gundam Musou 3.
Here's Enterbrain's top 10, with release dates listed in parentheses.
- 1. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (Capcom, PSP, 12/1)
- 2. Donkey Kong Returns (Nintendo, Wii, 12/9)
- 3. Wii Party (Nintendo, Wii, 7/8)
- 4. Mario Sports Mix (Nintendo, Wii, 11/25)
- 5. Pokemon Black & White (Pokemon, DS, 9/18)
- 6. Ni no Kuni (Level-5, DS, 12/9)
- 7. AKB1/48 (Namco Bandai, PSP, 12/23)
- 8. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo, Wii, 6/25)
- 9. The 3rd Birthday (Square Enix, PSP, 12/22)
- 10. Gundam Musou 3 (Namco Bandai Games, PS3, 12/16)
Check back later this week for Media Create's top 20. Also be sure and check the andriasang.com sales chart every week for more sales info.