Akai Katana Set for Xbox 360
Cave announces package release with HD visuals, new stages and more!
Cave will be bringing arcade shooter Akai Katana to Xbox 360 as Akai Katana Shin (in Japanese, "赤い刀 真"). The title was announced today at a press and demo event in Akihabara.
The Xbox 360 version will improve upon the arcade original in a number of ways. Outlined by Cave today, changes include:
- All visuals have been redone in for high definition.
- The game will support full 16x9 output. Enemy positions and bullets are being tuned for the change.
- A new stage (giving the game seven total stages). Joining the new stage is a new boss, 18-year-old Nazuna Ayase.
- As yet unannounced gameplay system changes.
- New voices added. The first print run version of the game (both for the standard and limited editions) will include a download code for adding new voices to the game.
The game will also include a 4x3 arcade mode with the same rules as the arcade version. The visuals here will also be high resolution.
Akai Katana Shin will see release on May 26 in both standard (¥7,140) and limited edition (¥9,240) versions. Further details on the limited edition will be announced later.
You'll find over 100 screenshots of the game in this gallery.
Additional Images (Total 116 Images, Use click action to expand)