Following last week's in-depth feature on 3DS, this week's Famitsu has a feature on Sony's new NGP portable.
Included in the feature is some commentary from many third party VIPs. Here's some of what has leaked out from the commentary:
- Square Enix's Yoshinori Kitase
- Says he'd like to make an online RPG.
- Sega's Satoshi Sakai (aka Mr. Phantasy Star)
- Says he'd like to make a multiplayer game with online elements.
- Crafts & Meister's Noritaka Funamizu
- The NGP game they're making is of a different type than Wii's Earth Seeker.
- Namco Bandai's Katsuhiro Harada (aka Mr. Tekken)
- Said they'd probably include NGP in future HD multiplatform plans.
- Konami's Akari Uchida (aka Mr. Love Plus)
- He's forecasting a bold ¥24,980 price point. He is making an NGP game, he confirms, and says its a game where you communicate with friends. (I'm not sure if he's talking about real friends or in-game virtual friends.)
- Level-5's Jiro Ishii (aka Mr. Time Travelers)
- Said he's excited about the rear touch panel. He'd like to make an adventure game that you download and play one weekly chapter at a time.
The feature also has commentary from Suda 51, Jun Takeuchi (Capcom), Hiroyuki Kobayashi (Capcom), Toshihiro Nagoshi (Sega), Hiroshi Matsuyama (CyberConnect2), Yoshifumi Hashimoto (Marvelous), Yousuke Hayashi (Tecmo/Team Ninja) and others.