This Week's Possible Flying Get
Info from this week's magazines may or may not be leaking out in advance.
I wasn't sure if there was going to be a flying get this week, but it does look like some info is leaking out of Famitsu in advance of tomorrow's release.
As always, I'll be assembling the info here. And as always, none of the info has actually been verified, so there may be some misinformation.
Check back throughout the day for updates, although please do note that some of the usual sources for Flying Get info don't appear to be doing regular updates yet, so there may not be too many leaks.
(Some may notice that I've reverted to the old format for this week's column. This is
because I'm a lazy bum due to technical difficulties.)
A Few Bits About Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest
Just a quick update on Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest 3, the new 3DS entry in the Slime Mori Mori series that's revealed in this week's Jump.
- The game has become full 3D now.
- Your adventure will take you out to sea
- You'll be able to build your own ship and engage in ship-to-ship battles
A release is set for some time this year.
Latest on PlayStation Home Version 1.5
Famitsu has a report on PlayStation Home's upcoming Version 1.5 update. Here's some of the info that has leaked out. I'm not totally sure what's new and what was previously revealed:
- The response speed will increase (this is presumably just the improved framerates, responsiveness, etc. that was announced previously).
- You'll be able to play competitive and cooperative FPS games.
- Sony is working with a variety of publishers on projects.
- Home online games can be made faster and at lower cost that standard online games. For instance, even if you had a game in the planning phases now, it could be released between summer and fall.
- Sony is considering connectivity with the NGP system.
- Sony is also considering having games be made in cooperation with players.
New Final Fantasy Type-0 Details
The latest Final Fantasy Type-0 details have leaked out of Jump.
The magazine shows characters Ace and Queen. You control Ace with button and analogue stick movements, making the character use cards to perform a variety of attacks. Queen has combo attacks and special attacks.
As previously detailed, the game has a three party battle system. You'll need to swap in other characters based off the situation.
The magazine also has a look at some story elements. The main cast of characters are students in the "Class Zero" class in the Presiterium magic school of their country of Rubrum (the name "Class Zero" is new info, I believe).
We should be getting more info in about a week, as Famitsu is promising a look at the game for its issue that's due out on the 24th.
Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest Set for 3DS
Jump has a first mention this week of Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest 3 for 3DS. The game is listed for Winter 2011 release. That's all we know at the moment!
Here's a link to the Wikipedia page for the original Game Boy Advance game. The sequel was released for the DS.
New Naruto For PSP
Jump delivers a first look this week at "Narutimate Impact," a new PSP Naruto game that's due for release through Namco Bandai this Fall. The game is apparently Musou-ish, meaning it puts you up against lots and lots of enemies ala Dynasty Warriors.
Lots of Reviews From Famitsu
Famitsu has a bunch of reviews this week, including Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection and Dead or Alive Dimensions.
Here's what the magazine scored next week's releases.
- [PS3] Pro Baseball Spirits 2011: 10, 9, 8, 9
- [PS3] Gachinko Heroes: 7, 7, 9, 7
- [PSP] Classic Dungeon X2: 7, 7, 7, 7
- [PSP] Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection: 8, 7, 7, 8
- [PSP] Pro Baseball Spirits 2011: 9, 9, 9, 8
- [PSP] Split Second: 7, 7, 7, 7
- [WII] Night of the Sacrifice/Ikenie no Yoru: 7, 7, 7, 6
- [3DS] Gundam 3D Battle: 8, 8, 8, 7
- [3DS] Dead or Alive Dimensions: 9, 9, 9, 9
- [3DS] The Sims 3: 7, 7, 6, 7
- [3DS] Rabbids Time Travel: 7, 7, 6, 7
- [X360] Arcania Gothic 4: 8, 8, 7, 7
- [X360] Otomedeus X: 8, 7, 8, 7
- [X360] Fighters Uncaged: 6, 6, 6, 6
- [X360] Eschatos: 7, 7, 7, 7
First Sengoku Basara Chronicle Heroes Details
Famitsu has first details on Sengoku Basara Chronicle Heroes, the PSP Sengoku Basara game that was announced at the series' 5th anniversary event back in January.
Chronicle Heroes will be a team battle game using teams of two. Characters through Sengoku Basara 3 will appear in the game, and there will also be new characters as well.
In terms of combat systems, only one detail has leaked out: you'll be able to engage in aerial combat.
Hold on to that save file from predecessor Sengoku Basara Battle Heroes if you have it. You'll be able to import your data.
As previously announced, Chronicle Heroes is due for Summer release.
5pb. Readying PS3 and Xbox 360 Adventure Game
This week's Famitsu has first details on Dunamis 15, a PS3 and Xbox 360 suspense adventure game from 5pb.
The game features five chapters and five main characters.
Staff includes character design work from Megumi Sasakama, an opening theme from Kokomi, and an ending theme from Asami Imai and Naomi Tamura.
A release is set for summer.
In other 5pb. news, Famitsu lists a June 30 date for PSP Steins; Gate. It was previously flagged as just a June relase.
Date Set for Infamous 2
Sony will release the Japanese version of Infamous 2 on July 7 at ¥5,980. The game will be given a full voiced localization.
In Famitsu This Week
A few bits from Famitsu have leaked out. The magazine lists a Japanese release for PS3's Infamous 2, through SCE. It looks like we at last have a report on PSP's Sengoku Basara Chronicle Heroes, which was announced back in January without any details. Finally, there's mention of a PS3 and Xbox 360 game called Dunamis 15, which some are saying is from 5pb.
In reviews, the magazine shares its opinion on Gundam 3D Battle, Dead or Alive Dimensions, Classic Dungeon 2, Final Fantasy IV and more. Scores have yet to leak out.