First Look: Grand Knights History
Vanillaware and Marvelous unveil their new fantasy RPG for PSP.
Coinciding with a reveal in Weekly Famitsu, Famitsu.com has provided its own first look at Grand Knights History.
As detailed earlier today, Grand Knights History is a new PSP fantasy RPG from Odin Sphere and Oboro Muramasa developer Vanillaware. The game is in development for summer release through Marvelous Entertainment.
The images at Famitsu.com provide us with a look at the game's world setting and characters. Grand Knights History is set in the world of Ristia, which is divided into three kingdoms, Union, Logress and Avalon. The once peaceful land is faced with war following an upheaval in Logress. Players select from one of the three kingdoms.
Details on the three kingdoms include:
- Logress, the ancient kingdom
- Surrounded by mountains, this country was under the rule of a tyrant. Fauzel (voiced by Tomokazu Sugita) lead a revolution and became king.
- Union, the kingdom of knights
- The people of this region follow the church and believe in the legend of a female warrior who brought peace to Ristia long ago. This kingdom is lead by King Leon (voiced by Daisuke Kishio) and Empress Sephia (voiced by Aoi Yuki).
- Avalon, the kingdom of magic
- Set deep in the forest, the people of this kingdom hail from the great sorceress Terezia. They have great magical abilities and are also at one with nature. This kingdom is lead by Queen Muse (voiced by Kikoku Inoue).
Details on the gameplay side of Grand Knights History are scarce at present. You'll form the head of your very own band of knights and create support troops, selecting physical appearance, gender, voice type and more. Throughout this process, you'll be guided by Risha (voiced by Eri Kitamura), a support character.
After preparing your forces in town, you head out on your journey. Along the way, you'll get into turn-based battles, sometimes against giant creatures.
The game also promises network play. No details have been shared on this system. You're going to have to speculate on how the online play system works based off the screenshots Marvelous has shared.
Additional Images (Total 15 Images, Use click action to expand)