Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy Topped the Charts in March
Three 3DS launch titles manage top ten placement in their second month.
March had some big releases, but none as big as Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy. The PSP sequel was the biggest game for the month, according to stats that Enterbrain and Famitsu released today.
Released on March 3, Duodecim sold 414,127 units. This includes sales of the game on its own and of the Chaos & Cosmos Limited Edition hardware bundle version.
PlayStation 3's Dynasty Warriors 7 came in a close second with sales of 375,372 units following its release on March 10. Below that, we get our first 3DS game. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask sold an additional 128,178 units, bringing its total to 245,767 since its release on February 26. Three 3DS games placed in the top ten this month, but they were all launch titles. Many of the system's big March releases were delayed.
Here's the full Enterbrain top ten, covering February 28 through Marcy 27. Life to date sales are in parentheses.
- 01. [PSP] Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy (Square Enix, 3/3): 414,127
- 02. [PS3] Dynasty Warriors 7 (Tecmo Koei, 3/10): 375,372
- 03. [3DS] Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (Level-5, 2/26): 128,178 (245,767)
- 04. [PS3] Way of the Samurai 4 (Spike, 3/3): 112,719
- 05. [PSP] Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection (Square Enix, 3/24): 101,513
- 06. [3DS] Nintendogs + Cats (Nintendo, 2/26): 98,804 (167,777)
- 07. [PSP] Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity (Sega, 2/24): 90,245 (309,722)
- 08. [PSP] S Gundam G Generation World (Namco Bandai, 2/24): 82,056 (309,846)
- 09. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (Capcom, 12/1/2010): 56,263 (4,372,182)
- 10. [3DS] Samurai Warriors Chronicle (Tecmo Koei, 2/26): 54,285 (97,329)