Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D Scores Favorably in Famitsu
Phantom Breaker, not so favorably.
Famitsu has gotten a first shot at Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D, and the magazine's four person review crew seemed impressed. The game scored 9, 8, 8 and 8.
As summarized at Sokuho, comments made in the review include:
- The control feel that is unchanged from Resident Evil 5 and the beautiful graphics are high quality for a portable machine.
- You'll get addicted to score attack and strengthening your skills.
- The ability to move while aiming your gun is a plus. Once you get used to having to press a button, it becomes useful in a variety of ways.
- Cooperative play is exciting.
- Until you get used to the narrow field of view, it can be difficult. However, once you do get used to it, the field of view can create a sense of tension and fear.
- There's strategy in character selection, and in using objects and terrain.
The magazine says clearing the game with one character takes 8 hours. Clearing the game with all characters takes over 80 hours.
Other reviews this week include:
- Touch Double Pen Sports
- Hudson's 3DS sports game scored 8, 8, 7 and 8. Clearing all modes takes 30 hours. There's also a daily "today's challenge" mode. The reviewers commented that playing with two pens felt extremely fresh. You can play with a single pen if you want, though.
- Dance Central
- This week's best reviewed game, Microsoft's Kinect dance title scored 9, 8, 9 and 10.
- Phantom Breaker
- 5pb.'s 2D Xbox 360 fighter scored 7, 7, 6 and 7. Clearing arcade mode will take 30 minutes. Unlocking all hidden characters will take 8 hours. Reviewers complained that the story mode's conversation scenes were lacking, the character movement is stiff, and there's no tutorial mode.
Additional Images (Total 50 Images, Use click action to expand)