Nintendo Shows Luigi's Mansion 2 for 3DS
Mario's brother returns with vacuum! Super Mario 3D to feature return of raccoon tail.
Nintendo of America President Reginald "Reggie" Fils-Aime took the stage at Nintendo's E3 press conference today to highlight the company's upcoming lineup of 3DS titles.
Video clips shown at the event included:
- Mario Kart
- A new Mario Kart game, set for release in Holiday 2011.
- Star Fox 64 3D
- Showed the game's use of the camera to put your friends' faces into the game. Japanese release date already announced for July 14. US version coming in September.
- Super Mario 3D
- The raccoon tail is back in what Reggie called the first 3D Mario adventure created from scratch for a portable system. Coming out before the end of the year.
- Kid Icarus Uprising
- The game will have 3 on 3 multiplayer and will also use Augmented Reality. Set for release later this year.
- Luigi's Mansion 2
- Mario's brother is back, and he's brought his vacuum! This is an entirely new game that makes use of 3D and features not just one, but several new mansions.
Nintendo also showed a third party trailer reel showing such games as Ace Combat 3D, Sonic & Mario at the London Olympics, Tetris, Cave Story 3D, Resident Evil Revelations, Driver Renegade, Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions, Tekken 3D, and Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D.
Regarding the recently open e-Shop, Reggie said to expect game demos later this year. This will be for both download games and retail games.