Nintendo Bundles Red Wiimote Plus With Twelve Mini Games
Wii Play successor due out in July.
One of the most popular early Wii titles was Wii Play, which bundled a Wiimote with a low price collection of mini games. Nintendo is resurrecting that bundle idea for the Wiimote Plus.
The new Wiimote Plus Variety Pack includes a red Wiimote Plus controller and a collection of 12 mini games. The bundle will be released on July 7, priced ¥4,800.
The pricing makes this into a Wii Play-like value. A Wiimote Plus on its own normally costs ¥3,800, making this the equivalent of getting a game for just ¥1,000.
The 12 included mini games are:
- Ice Cream Challenge
- Hold the Wiimote like a cone and attempt to keep your ice cream scoops from falling. Supports two player cooperative play.
- Ishi Nage Mizu Kiri
- Toss the Wiimote Plus at a pond like a stone. Playable by four players competitively.
- Umbrella Rider
- Hold an umbrella to fly across a race course. Adjust the Wiimote Plus to attract the most wind. During two player play, you can get in the way of your opponent.
- Treasure at the Bottom of the Sea
- Attempt to gather treasure from the bottom of the sea. Hold the Wiimote Plus horizontally and rotate it to pull a rope, raising your character up. In two player cooperative mode, you'll need to keep balance.
- Ball and Seesaw
- Hold the Wiimote Plus like a seesaw, and bounce a ball to strike various objects in the stage. In two player play, you compete for score.
- A four player version of whac-a-mole.
- Pose Mii Plus
- Turn your Wiimote Plus to make your Miis fall cleanly through holes.
- 360 Degree Shooting
- Aim at the screen and shoot enemies. You can also follow targets that move off screen.
- Jumping Land
- Your Miis are jumping about the stage. Use the Wiimote to change their direction and gather treasure while advancing them to the goal.
- Ghost Mansion
- Attempt to catch ghosts who've moved off the screen. When you aim your Wiimote, it will make a sound indicating if the ghost is in your current direction. Use that as a guide to the ghost's position.
- Fuwatto Balloon
- Use the Wiimote to make the wind blow and guide a set of balloons to the goal. Compatible with two player competitive play.
- Docking Station
- Control a space ship to move parts into sockets on a space station.