AKB1/48 Sequel Announced
Break your favorite AKB48 member's heart in Guam and while she's wearing a bathing suit.
Namco Bandai is giving the members of all girls music group AKB48 a second game. This isn't surprising, as the first game, AKB1/48: If I Loved an Idol, shipped over 400,000 units following its release last year.
The sequel is titled AKB1/48: If I Loved an Idol in Guam. The basic idea is the game. The forty-eight members of AKB48 confess their love to you, and you get to select who to reject and who to accept. The scenario is all new for the sequel, which is set in Guam. This means the girls will appear in bathing suits.
As with the original, the sequel is packed with live action photographs and videos of the AKB48 girls. The video footage, where the girls confess their love to you, was shot on location in Guam.
Also similar to the original, Namco Bandai will release three packages:
- First Print Run Limited Edition -- Please Don't Auction It! Box
- This includes a copy of the game, a UMD video disc with 120 minutes of unused video footage, 10 photographs, a four disc 420 minute DVD showing making and fashion collection videos, a one disc 90 minute Team 4 special DVD, a collection of 48 posters, a card with a product code for 48 PSP custom themes, a Blu-ray disc with HD versions of the confession videos from the first game, and a special box. Priced ¥13,629.
- Limited Time Production Limited Edition With UMD Video
- This includes a copy of the game, a UMD video disc with 120 minutes of unused video footage, and 3 photographs. Priced ¥7,329. This will be produced through January 2012.
- Standard Version
- This includes a copy of the game and one photograph. Priced ¥5,229.
The AKB1/48 sequel will be released on October 6.