3DS, Wii Topped the Charts in July
Rhythm Heaven beats other newcomers for the monthly top spot.
3DS saw a major drop in sales towards the end of July as Nintendo announced the system's impending price drop. But despite the drop, the system still managed to top the monthly hardware sales chart from Enterbrain.
As relayed today at Famitsu.com and Mantan-web, Enterbrain's monthly hardware sales chart for July, covering the five week period of June 27 through July 31, has the 3DS at top with 148,913 units sold. PSP came in at second with 138,016 units.
3DS has topped the Enterbrain hardware charts now two months in a row. This month started off strong for the system, with the first four weeks seeing sales of 31,545 units, 23,219 units, 45,949 units and 32,381 units. The fifth week, following the price drop announcement, saw a drop to 15,819 units. Media Create reported a similar drop in its sales report last week.
3DS had only one game in the top ten for the month. Wii and PSP lead the way here, claiming the top two software spots.
Here's the full top ten software sales chart:
- Minna no Rhythm Tengoku (Nintendo, Wii): 214,106
- Taiko Drum Master Portable DX (Namco Bandai, PSP): 177,125
- Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2011 (Konami, PS3): 172,003
- Inazuma Eleven Strikers (Level-5, Wii): 128,478
- Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2011 (Konami, PSP): 118,397
- SengokU Basara Chronicle (Capcom, PSP): 100,224
- Tales of the Abyss (Namco Bandai, 3DS): 87,825
- Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (Capcom, PS3): 77,475
- Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo, Wii): 74,877 (total 2,392,741)
- Queen's Gate Spiral Chaos (Namco Bandai, PSP): 72,903
Aside from Wii Sports Resort, all these games were released over the five week tracking period.