BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend Formally Announced For PS360
Console and Vita versions to be playable at Tokyo Game Show.
Word of PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of PlayStation Vita's BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend (formerly "Plus") first appeared in Famitsu last week. Arc System Works has finally gotten around to officially announcing the console versions.
The big new feature for Extend is the inclusion of Relius as a playable fighter. Other updates include:
- New rules for online play, including 2 on 2, 3 on 3 and 2 on 4 battles
- Updated Abyss mode
- Improved key recording in training mode
- The high difficulty 10 stage Unlimited Mars mode from the arcade version
- Inclusion of all the paid Continuum Shift download content
- Four new scenarios for story mode
- Inclusion of a refined version of BlazBlue Calamity Trigger's story mode, with all new voice acting
The PS3 and Vita versions will be able to share save data for their story modes. Arc hasn't said if the two versions will support cross platform play, although the producers have said that this is something they'd like to do if possible.
All three versions of Extend will be released this Winter. Arc has not yet said if the PS3 and 360 versions will be retail or download.
Visitors to the Tokyo Game Show in mid September will be able to try out all three versions. The PS3 and 360 versions will be in Arc's booth. The Vita version will be playable in Sony's booth but will be video only in Arc's booth. Those who play the game will receive some special BlazBlue goodies as a bonus.
Arc will also record the latest episode of the BlazBlue podcast straight from the TGS floor. Visit Arc's booth on the 17th to watch.
Additional Images (Total 8 Images, Use click action to expand)