Major New Titles Announced for 3DS
Friend Collection, Fire Emblem, new retro Square Enix RPG, new Gundam and more!
Today's 3DS press conference saw some major announcements for the system. The biggest title of the bunch was, of course, Monster Hunter 4, but Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata also provided first details on a number of other games, including series titles and original games.
Here's a rundown:
- Fire Emblem
- An all new entry in the classic Nintendo strategy series. For the first time, the game will have cooperative play. A release is set for 2012.
- Shinrei Camera
- This Tecmo Koei title from the makers of Fatal Frame was announced a couple of weeks back. No release date was announced today.
- Nintendo will be publishing a 3DS entry in the popular strategy series. Omiya Soft is working on the game. A release is set for 2012.
- A soccer-themed simulation game from Parity Bit's Hiroyuki Sonobe. Due for release in 2012.
- Hatsune Miku Project Mirai
- A 3DS rhythm game from Sega based off the Hatsune Miku franchise. Unlike the PSP titles, this will feature big-headed "Nendoroid" style characters. It will also have AR dance performances. A release is set for March 2012.
- SD Gundam G Generation 3D
- This was revealed back at the announcement of the new Level-5 developed Gundam New Age franchise, as it will be one of the first titles to have units from New Age. The platform was never announced, but today Nintendo revealed it to be 3DS. A release is set for December 22, with pricing at ¥6,090.
- Dynasty Warriors VS
- This new entry in Tecmo Koei's Dynasty Warriors series has four player competitive play. Release set for 2012.
- Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
- A new Square Enix RPG that's due in 2012. This will have Akihiko Yoshida characters. It's meant to be like an old-school RPG, but will also have AR features.
- Friend Collection
- A 3DS version of one of the biggest Japan-only DS titles.