Katamari Damacy, Ninja Gaiden, and More Due for PlayStation Vita
Third parties announce major launch support for Sony's new portable.
We're just 30 minutes away from Sony's pre Tokyo Game Show press conference. If you'd like some surprises, close your browser and destroy your computer without reading further!
In addition to Square Enix's Armies of Hell and Lord of Apocalypse, which we covered earlier, Famitsu lists the following games this week, some previously announced, some new.
- Ridge Racer
- From Namco Bandai, planned for launch. This will support ad-hoc, infrastructure, 3G and Near.
- Katamari Damacy no Vita
- From Namco Bandai, planned for launch. The name is a play on "Nobita," or "extend." This time, you can apparently extend yourself by touching the screen. This skill can be used to apply your junk picking up skills (there has to be a word for that!) to small areas or large areas wherever appropriate.
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma
- This seems to be an updated port of the original. It will have a hero mode and additional weapons and costumes.
- Browser Sangokushi
- A free-to-download-and-play item transaction based game from AQ Interactive. I do believe this is the first free-to-play game announced for Vita.
- Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
- Capcom is aiming to launch this fighter with Vita.
- Shooting Game
- A shooting game from Cave. That's not the actual name, of course. At least I don't think it is...
- Shirotsuku DX
- Also from Cave, this is based off their popular social title (yes, Cave makes social games in addition to hardcore shooters).