Game Memo is reporting on a number of new features for Dragon Quest X. The site doesn't provide a source for the info, but they tend to be pretty accurate, so we can probably take their word for it.
Here's what's new in the Game Memo story:
- The game's story will have lots of volume, with the hope that players can continue to play online for a long time.
- Outside of story, you'll find a lot of gameplay content, as each of the game's five races have their own specific quests.
- While it's common for online games to not have an "ending" with a "last boss," it appears that this will not apply to DQX.
- The game's inn facility will now have a concierge. The concierge will give you info about events.
- While the game will have auto save, you'll still be able to go to the church to pray in order to save.
- The game will have a post office through which you can send letters and items to friends without directly meeting.
- The game world will be many times bigger than Dragon Quest VIII's massive world.
- Your player character is actually human, but after some sort of happening, he turns into one of the five announced races.
- You start the game off in a small village, where you live with either your brother or sister. The game's character making feature allows you to create this family member as well.