Hot Shots Golf Vita Online Modes Detailed
3G and Wi-Fi modes for Sony's launch golf game, some arriving via patches.
Sony is packing Hot Shots Golf 6 with lots of online features. Some will work Wi-Fi and 3G, some are Wi-Fi only. Some will be available from day one while some will be patched in.
Famitsu lists the following in its coverage of the game this week:
- Daily National Tournament
- Compatible with 3G and Wi-Fi. Download a daily tournament and play it offline. You only need to connect online to make the download and to upload your results. Available from day one.
- Multi Battle Mode
- Compatible with 3G and Wi-Fi. A mail-like match mode. You play your game, then send your score to a friend who plays his game then sends his score to you, and so forth. Added in a post release patch.
- Real Tournament
- Wi-Fi only. An online tournament with support for up to 30 players. Positions are updated in real time. Available from day one.
- Battle Room
- Wi-Fi only. Create a room, setting the course, clubs and other areas, and face off against other players. Added in a post release patch.