Tetsuya Nomura on Versus XIII, Final Fantasy X HD and Kingdom Hearts 3D's Secret Ending
Famitsu managed to score an interview with Tetsuya Nomura as part of its latest look at Kingdom Hearts 3D and Theatrhythm Final Fantasy. As one would expect, Nomura slipped in a few bits about the other projects that are in the works at Square Enix's 1st Production Department.
Regarding Final Fantasy X HD, Nomura mentioned that development on the game has started. We previously heard some reports from a German magazine that development was in the early phases.
Nomura was a bit more open with Final Fantasy Versus XIII details, saying the following:
- Nomura recently did the latest check of the game. The visual expression capability has improved from the trailer that was released last year.
- The game has a mix of real time and Visual Works pre-rendered CG. The ratio is 7 real time to 3 pre rendered.
- The scene where Noctus and Stella meet for the first time has been made into a pre-rendered scene. This is because it's an example of an area where adding player control would not have a big effect.
- Square Enix won't be holding an event ala last year's January press conference this year. However, Nomura said that he'd like to make some sort Versus related announcement/showing this year, although he can't say when or where.
- The next time we see Versus XIII, we will get a look at it being controlled on actual hardware.
Nomura also gave some additional details on Kingdom Hearts 3D and Theatrhythm Final Fantasy. Regarding Theatrhythm, he said that Square Enix is preparing a second demo.
Regarding Kingdom Hearts 3D, he said that the game has an ending that will be unconventional for the series. He also revealed that the original ending that had been planned for the game was not approved.
Of course, KH3D will have a secret ending. As one would expect, it will have shocking developments that will connect to the next entry in the series.