Motomu Toriyama Unsure of Platform For Next Project
Final Fantasy XIII-2 director shares additional download content and update details.
What's next for Motomu Toriyama, director of Final Fantasy XIII-2 and scenario writer for The 3rd Birthday? In an interview in Weekly Famitsu this week (summarized at Sokuho), Toriyama says that it's time for him to start his next project, but he's currently considering the platform.
Toriyama's brief commentary on his future plans came at the end of an interview discussing Final Fantasy XIII-2's download content and ending. We already shared most of the details earlier, but here are a few additional bits:
- XIII-2's development progressed more according to plan than XIII.
- Toriyama is happy that the gameplay systems are being well received.
- The game originally had a system where you could strengthen your accessories, but this made your character too strong, so they got rid of it.
- As detailed earlier, the game will see series bosses for coliseum mode outside of the Omega download that kicked off DLC.
- Lightning will appear in the game as a coliseum opponent download. Defeat her, and you can make her into a party member. Her role is blaster.
- They hope to continue releasing download content through May.
- The DLC will include things outside of the coliseum battles -- episodes, for instance.
- Outside of download content, the game will have updates which will add new support functionality for those digging deep into the game.
- Toriyama said that they'd like to use Sazh, his son Dajh and interdimensional traveling merchant Chocholina in some capacity, either through novels or DLC.