Theatrhythm Final Fantasy is going to be the first 3DS game to have paid download content. This week's Famitsu has details and pricing info.
On launch day, February 16, Square Enix will release eight songs. Each song can be purchased for ¥150.
The list of paid songs reads:
- FFII Battle Scene 1 (Battle Stage)
- FFIV The Final Battle (Battle Stage)
- FFIX Fighters of the Crystal (Battle Stage)
- FFXIII Fighting Fate (Battle Stage)
- FFV Hikari wo Motomete (Field Stage)
- FFVII Cosmo Canyon (Field Stage)
- FFVIII Ride On (Field Stage)
- FFX Someday The Dream Will End (Field Stage)
(The "Field" and "Battle" marker indicate the type of stage the music is used in. The game also has "Event" stages.)
Square Enix plans on releasing new songs every two or three weeks. While the first batch consists entirely of music from numbered FF games, there will be music from non numbered games as well.
Famitsu also has details on the game's multiplayer component. Chaos Shrine Mode has support for four player multiplayer play. All four players share the same HP, and you can earn greater experience compared to when playing solo.