CESA has shared final details on this year's Tokyo Game Show.
As previously announced, this year's show will be held from September 20 through 23 at Makuhari Messe in Chiba. As always, the first two days are press and invite only. The last two days are open to the public.
The slogan for this year's show translates to something along the lines of "Through Games, Your Smiles Connect." CESA will presumably provide an official English slogan a bit later.
The usual corners will be joined by some new ones this year. Here's the current lineup:
- General Expo
- This is the main area, where all the games go.
- PC Game Corner
- A new corner devoted exclusively to PC games
- Smartphone Game Corner / Social Game Corner
- A new corner devoted to smartphones like iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, as well as tablets, and cell phones. The corner also covers social games.
- Game Device Croner
- Controllers, keyboards, mouses, headphones, and so-forth.
- Sales Corner
- This is where attendees can go to buy product.
- Game School Corner
- Offers information about game schools and colleges.
- Family Corner
- Includes games and related product for families. Only available on the general public days.
The following are just for professionals.
- Asia Game Business Summit
- A conference focusing on the Asian market.
- TGS Forum 2012
- A conference showcasing the latest technology and trends. The annual keynotes are a part of this.
- Sense of Wonder Night 2012
- Participants in this event present unique ideas about game development.
- Asia Networking Party
- This networking party will be held on the evening of the 21st.
Outside of these corners, CESA will be hosting an official video channel for the first time this year. This is being produced in partnership with 4Gamer. The channel will include booth tours, and more.
CESA expects to attract 180 exhibitors this year. It expects 195,000 visitors across the four days.
Access the Tokyo Game Show 2012 official site here.